MODIFYING THE STIFFNESS OF SUPPORTS, MATERIALS AND CROSS-SECTIONS IN RFEM.
RFEM gives the possibility to modify the stiffness of supports, materials or cross-sections.
The example shown during the Infomiddag is about modifying the stiffness of the supports of a concrete slab (picture 1).
In particular, the modifying of the stiffness has been applied to one half of the supports (picture 3).
Picture 1: Concrete slab.
Picture 2: Modified supports.
In order to modify the stiffness of a group of supports in RFEM do as follows:
- Go to Load Combination;
- Select the tab Calculation Parameters;
- Tick Modify stiffness. After have ticked the tick-box, a new tab “Modify stiffness” will appear next to that for Calculation Parameters (picture 11) .
- Tick the tick-box Nodal Supports.
- Select Individually and click the button to access to the settings (picture 12)
- Insert the value of the Multiplier Factor for the support of which you want to modify the stiffness and click OK (picture 13).
Picture 3: Calculation parameters – Activate Modify stiffness.
Picture 4: Activate modify stiffness for Nodal supports.
Picture 5: Modify stiffness by Multiplier factor.
Running the calculation for the load case and taking a look to the results, one can see that the deflection in correspondence of the selected supports is greater than the others (picture 14).
Picture 6: Result for modified stiffness of the supports.
It is possible to multiply all by the same multiplier factor too:
Picture 7: Multiply all with factor.